NEW DATES JUST BEEN ADDED DUE TO HIGH DEMAND8th, 12th, 13th, 14th SEPTEMBER CALL US TO BOOK 01227 721929 With only two of these magnificent aircraft left flying in the world today, the chance to fly with one of them is a very unique and special opportunity which will be deeply appreciated by enthusiasts worldwide. Through the goodwill and support of the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum, Action Stations is able to offer a limited number of seats on our observer flights on the UK tour by KB726 - the Mynarski Memorial Lancaster, this coming August.
Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum’s Lancaster Mk X - you can fly with her in August!Your Experience On checking in at Humberside Airport ( ex RAF Kirmington – Bomber Command) you will be greeted by the Action Stations crew, and briefed about the aircraft and the flight ahead, prior to boarding our twin engine observer aircraft. After take off we will be joined in flight by the Lancaster flying within waving distance of the crew. With a length of over 69ft and a wingspan of 102ft, this will be a sight never to be forgotten!
Registered as C-GVRA, she is flying in the markings of the RCAF 419 (Moose) Squadron.Your flight out from Humberside will take you out over the North Lincolnshire countryside - Bomber Country. Over 389,000 sorties were flown by Bomber Command, and many of the 101 bases from which they were flown were located in this area. Flying together with the Lancaster over this countryside will stir the emotions and cause one to reflect on the bravery of the crews who went out on their missions - for over 55,000 this would have been their last view of England -never to return. The Canadian Lancaster is named after one courageous RCAF pilot, P/O Andrew Mynarski, who attempted to rescue his rear gunner whilst his aircraft was crippled after an attack by an enemy night fighter. He fought his way to the back of the aircraft to release his fellow crew member, who fortunately survived. P/O Mynarski unfortunately didn't, and his terrible ordeal and selfless actions were recognised as acts of extreme bravery, and he was awarded the Victoria Cross posthumously. The Canadian Lancaster proudly wears the colours and markings of this brave chap. As your flight progresses, the Lancaster will manoeuvre around you, presenting both flanks to your aircraft, so that everyone on board has every opportunity to photograph her in detail. There has not and will not be another opportunity to view this Lancaster in flight at such close quarters here in the UK. Ground Viewing - meet the crew On the return to Humberside, your aircraft will land with the Lancaster and then taxi over to the viewing area. Once you’re on the ground, you will enjoy a hosted tour of the Lancaster - meeting the pilot and asking him all about the intricacies of flying such a magnificent machine. This will be your opportunity to photograph the aircraft - and be photographed with her, completing what no doubt will be an experience that you can regale your friends and family with for many years to come! Booking We have a limited number of spaces available for these flights with the Lancaster. To purchase a ticket please call our team on During the booking process you will be asked for your weight (limit 90kgs) and you must be able to walk for 50m unaided. Price: £2150.00 per person Available Dates Monday 18th , Tuesday 19th, Wednesday 20th and Tuesday 26th Wednesday 27th August 2014
- Whilst the dates shown are confirmed, flight times will be confirmed at time of booking.
- We expect very high demand for the limited number of flights available, so please call 01227 721929 once you have decided on when you would like to fly.
- Experiences are sold subject to the aircraft arriving safely in the UK from Canada and being in a serviceable condition to fly. Should this not be the case, the ticket will be refunded in full within 30 days.
- Action Stations offer their flights with the Lancaster in good faith, however if flying is prevented by circumstances outside of our control, we reserve the right to cancel the flight and re-schedule it. Such criteria could include, but are not limited to aircraft serviceability, weather, or regulatory control.
- If re-scheduling is not possible, the ticket holder will be given the option to exchange the experience for another of the same or similar value provided by Action Stations, or alternatively a refund within 30 days will be given.